The many uses and benefits of CT Scanner
The human body is very complicated. That is why if something is wrong or if you are sick, it is very difficult to determine the problem just by merely looking at the surface. It is very hard to figure out what is happening internally just by basing it on the external appearance alone. The external appearance can look fine and healthy even when the body’s core is already experiencing serious medical conditions.
What is inside the human body is what will give doctors a better understanding and assessment of what is wrong. That is why there are a lot of equipments that are available in hospitals now that will help doctors view the internal parts of the body and assess the condition and that is through tools like CT Scanner.
What is a CT Scanner?
A CT scanner, also known as Computerized Axial Tomography or CAT scan, is like a big x-ray machine shaped like a donut. It combines x-ray technology with computer by taking multiple x-ray images to create 3D or cross-sectional views of both internal structures and organs in the body. It captures images from the head down to the feet and gets recorded on a film known as a tomogram, whichis what the doctors or technicians view to assist them with their diagnosis.
The images produced from CT scans are highly detailed and more refined as compared to images produced by X-ray imaging technology. This makes them highly useful for a wide variety of medical applications like:
- Bone injury detection
- Spine injury detection
- Chest and abdomen examination
- Vascular disease diagnosis
Though there are minimal effects of radiation when undergoing a CT Scan, doctors would still recommend this procedure for conditions mentioned above as the benefits far outweigh the risks. Here are some of the benefits of a CT Scanner:
- A CT scan is an accurate, painless, non-invasive procedure. It provides doctors with a three dimensional image of the internal structure and organs and even the soft and hard tissues which eliminates the need for exploratory surgery. This saves times and money for both the patient and doctor that can speed up the diagnosis as well as avoiding the risks involve in undergoing surgery.
- It also helps identify normal or abnormal sections in the body and it is also able to reveal a lesion early in its staging process, thus providing early detection and treatment before the condition gets worse.
- CT Scan provides real-time imaging so it can also be use as a guide during minor invasive procedure and assist with treatments or placing instruments like in a biopsy or aspiration procedure.
When it comes to CT Scanner, hospitals only trust Southwestern Imaging Systems and Service. Southwestern Imaging is a company that provides hospitals and other medical institutions with imaging equipment like PET Scanner, CT Scanner and services like Nuclear Medicine Service, PET Scanner Service and more. They made their equipments very low-cost so all hospitals will be able to afford these equipments that is very important to aid them in the proper diagnosis and treatment of their patients.
Part of the service agreement that Southwestern Imaging offers includes technical phone support, clinical phone support, operating system updates, application training, parts replacement and delivery, weekends and after hours support and more which guarantees almost 100% uptime of the equipment.
If hospitals can’t afford these imaging equipment, Southwestern Imaging also offers fixed and mobile rental so hospitals doesn’t have to invest and will just pay for the rental fee that can give them savings while still providing the necessary tool needed to properly diagnose and treat their patients.
CT scanner is a very cost effective and helpful medical imaging tool that can be use for treating and diagnosing various illnesses and diseases without the need for surgical exploration. This can be easily obtained by contacting Southwestern Imaging now.